Pearl Seas Cruises is developing a new style of luxury small ship cruising with new flagship, Pearl Mist. On sailings of particular interest to North American cruise travelers, Pearl Seas Cruises operates itineraries that sail the Great Lakes, Canadian Maritimes, New England and Caribbean cruises. Preparing to sail on Crystal Cruises’ luxurious Crystal Serenity from Boston to Quebec City, when Pearl Seas Cruises new 2015 Canada and New England schedule crossed our desk, we took an interested look.
Pearl Seas Cruises will offer 18 unique cruises on Pearl Mist, currently mid-way through its inaugural season. Well-received by guests and ports, Cruise Critic reviews so far average a 73% positive experience, not bad for a new cruise line.
Next year, beginning in May, the 210-passenger ship will operate various 7-, 10-, 11- and 14-night cruises, the majority of which will be on the Great Lakes and Canadian Maritimes. A total of 18 various cruises are planned for the Canada/New England region, including:
- Great Lakes and Georgian Bay – 10 and 11-night cruises from Toronto to Chicago (or reverse)- On this cruise, guests explore the largest freshwater ecosystem on Earth, sailing through four of the Great Lakes and Georgian Bay. Abundant with wildlife and geographic wonders, stops to Niagara Falls and Mackinac Island make for a truly unique exploration of this region.
- Canadian Maritimes – 10- and 11-night cruises from Portland to Québec (or reverse)- Shaped by the sea, guests will discover Eastern Canada’s stunning scenery, impressive history and unsurpassed beauty. They’ll see dramatic landscapes, visit remote islands, learn about the region’s shipbuilding heritage, and indulge in its French culture.
- New England Canada– 10- and 11-night roundtrip cruises from Boston- Guests are taken up the New England Coast and into Canada, stopping in Bar Harbor, Prince Edward Island, Lunenburg, and other port towns. Picturesque views and impressive regional history makes this cruise a truly distinctive discovery of Canada’s coast and New England.
Other itineraries include Great Lakes, Canadian Maritimes and St. Lawrence Seaway, New England Fall Foliage and Colonial America. Please visit www.pearlseascruises.com for a full list of cruise options.
“Our Northern itineraries have been well-received and have proved to be very popular,” said Timothy Beebe, Vice President of Pearl Seas Cruises. “With even more cruises being offered next year, guests will have a greater variety of sail dates to choose from and more opportunities to sail with us.”
On Board- Personal Luxury
Pearl Seas Cruises will offer captivating enrichment and entertainment programs aboard the Pearl Mist and exclusive shore excursions, which will offer fascinating insight and new perspectives into each destination. Onboard, guests are privy to highly personalized service, a range of amenities, fine dining, and an elegant yet relaxing atmosphere, conducive to passenger camaraderie.
Off The Ship- Luxury Adventure
The Pearl Mist defines a new style of Luxury Adventure ™ small-ship cruising, offering the most beautiful getaways on a brand-new ship, which combines the latest and highest standards in comfort, safety and technology. The Pearl Mist features oversized, gracefully appointed staterooms, every one complete with a private balcony and most with sliding glass doors. Community areas include a spacious dining room, which seats all guests at once, and various large and intimate lounges.
More About Pearl Seas Cruises
An affiliate of American Cruise Lines, Pearl Seas Cruises‘ new Pearl Mist is the first of two ships in the line’s fleet. A second ship, yet unnamed, will be slightly larger, with a 240-passenger capacity and is scheduled to enter service in 2016.
Accommodations include single-occupancy cabins and five categories of regular cabins and suites, ranging from 302 to 580 square feet. All are equipped with Wi-Fi Internet access, flat-screen TVs, DVD players and premium bedding and branded bath amenities.
Pearl Seas Cruises – Points of Distinction
- Large, distinctive staterooms with private balconies
- Exquisite onboard cuisine in the single seating Grand Dining Room
- Exceptional Guided Shore Experiences at each port of call
- Wireless Internet Access, with satellite TV and DVD players in every stateroom
- Fitness Center and 6 Lounges
- Captivating onboard experts guide passengers through the culture and historic background of every region we visit
- Personalized service from crew members who anticipate your needs
Video tours of Pearl Mist are limited but we did find one that gives us a reasonably good idea of what cruise travelers will see onboard: