Abercrombie & Kent Connections Define Luxury Differently
Abercrombie & Kent Connections Group Journeys offer a travel experience that takes an existing travel product, examines it, then layers A&K signature luxury on top in a variety of ways, creating something truly unique. We saw that approach in action last year, sailing Luftner Cruises Amadeus Brilliant on a river cruise from Nuremberg to Budapest. The standard fare on that ship would have made for wonderful travel memories, as most river cruises do. Stop right there. Call it a win. Fly back home with a brain full of wonder. But the Abercrombie & Kent element sends the experience soaring, adding signature elements that define luxury differently. So popular has been the Connections program, that A&K has added some interesting new itineraries this year and we’ll get into those momentarily. First, let’s qualify what it is A&K brings to the table, making what they do worthy of your consideration.
If the word ‘luxury’ brings thoughts of 5 star hotels, private jets, exotic places and expensive things to mind, that would be the old definition of the word. A&K plays in that world too and has a superior command of all those elements. Unique to the Connections product, Abercrombie & Kent has elevated the entire experience, defining ‘luxury’ under the broad umbrella of bona fide small group travel that enables one-on-one connections at destinations visited.
“I’ve tried to personalize the trip, … It’s me taking guests to my favorite places and meeting some of my favorite people. It’s not just ‘here’s a place and here’s the itinerary.”- Geoffrey Kent, Founder, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Abercrombie & Kent.
A&K does that by paying attention to detail like you have never seen before and having one of their own guides with those small groups, every step of the way. For example, A&K defines luxury with a standard of two seats for every guest on a motorcoach to allow plenty of room. If something does not happen as planned, the support of over 50 A&K offices around the world is there to rely on…by the A&K guide; guests are never bothered with such details.
Focusing microscopically on the destinations visited, Abercrombie & Kent hosts no more than 24 guests in their groups and include overnights at hotels in the heart of amazing places before and after cruising to explore key European cities. That’s in addition to what they call Onshore Connections; exclusive experiences only available to A&K guests.
…and that’s just on the river.
Learn More Via These Resources
- Munich, Abercrombie And Kent Style
- Charming Hotel Torbrau In Munich
- Angels And Nazi’s Make For Interesting Travel
- Historic Bamberg Germany: An Unobstructed View
- A Typically Busy Day On The River
- Free Time Revolt On The River
- Scenic Cruising A Best Part Of Any River Cruise
- Golden Memories Keep Me Coming Back
- The Abercrombie & Kent Difference
- Touring The Netherlands: Abercrombie Style
- I Visited 17 Amsterdam Coffee Shops In One Day
- Abercrombie & Kent Connections: Your Questions Answered
These articles were published on CruiseAddicts.com
- On Location: River Cruising In Germany
- Abercrombie & Kent’s Version Of A River Cruise
- On Location: River Cruising In Europe
- River Cruising: Also A Customizable Travel Experience
- Two Ports In One Day: Typical Of River Cruising In Europe
Our Facebook Photo albums
- Touring The Netherlands
- Bamberg, Germany
- Hotel Torbrau in Munich, Germany
- Munich Summer Market
- Amsterdam Coffee Shop Tour
On Instagram- Our live posts, when Internet connections permitted
Flickr Photo Albums
Exposure Photo Story Books