Carnival China: Fun Is On The Way
Carnival China To Launch in 2017
Carnival Cruise Line, the largest Carnival Corporation brand, recently announced a year round commitment of two ships to the China market beginning in 2017. That move brings Carnival Cruise Line signature “Fun” to a part of the planet that has not seen it before. Frankly? The possibilities are endless.
Carnival Miracle in 2017 and Carnival Splendor in 2018 will offer the memorable, high quality vacation experience that Carnival is known for. While details of exact deployment, itineraries and length of sailings will be announced in the future, the Carnival move may very well open up the China market in an entirely different way.
Carnival China Miracle
2,124-passenger Carnival Miracle boasts a guest to crew ratio of nearly two to one. That number allows for outstanding guest service in a very spacious and comfortable environment. That the ship offers a variety of popular features including more than 60 percent of accommodations featuring a private balcony is even more reason to be excited.
Other features? There are plenty:
- Four swimming pools with a magrodome over the main pool area which provides excellent views and an expansive outdoor area to enjoy a wide variety of activities and entertainment in all weather conditions.
- Carnival Miracle’s two promenade decks offer multiple types of locations for gathering with friends and family, playing games or enjoying a host of other exciting activities and entertainment options.
- Extensive enhancements were added earlier this year with the addition of the RedFrog Pub which features a uniquely Caribbean atmosphere with music and entertainment options from this popular tropical region.
- The Alchemy Bar was added, as well, and skilled bartenders create custom drinks with unique fresh ingredients based on guests’ individual tastes and preferences.
- Carnival Miracle offers multiple dedicated facilities for children, including an expansive water park. The highly trained staff ensure that the younger cruisers are well cared for and entertained with fun activities throughout the cruise.
- For the adults, Serenity is a private and comfortable outdoor area restricted to guests age 18 and older.
- The ship also features an outstanding steakhouse, offering exceptional cuts of dry aged beef and top quality seafood, along with spectacular views.
- Several areas of the ship, including the casino, shopping and dining offerings will be enhanced prior to the start of Carnival China service to cater to Asian tastes.
Carnival Splendor, which enters the China market in 2018, is a larger vessel which carries just over 3,000 passengers and boasts a wide variety of features including an array of outstanding dining, entertainment and other guest-pleasing options. That ship also has four swimming pools, one of which can be covered by a glass magrodome, seven whirlpools, a Serenity area and a variety of dedicated facilities for children in different age groups.
Smart Move, Efficiently Done
Carnival will be establishing operations in China in partnership with sister company Costa Asia, which has operated in the Chinese market for the past nine years. “Given the combined experience of Costa Asia, along with other sister companies either already in the market, such as Princess Cruises, or entering the market, such as AIDA, the collective scale of Carnival Corporation’s Asia operations is unparalleled and enables us to tap into an immense network of resources and expertise as we launch our China program,” said Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line.