New Ingredients In 2016 Seabourn Food And Wine Cruise Recipe
Announced while the 2015 Seabourn Food And Wine Cruise holds a commanding lead as one of the ‘best ever’ travel experiences in my lifetime, the 2016 version looks even better. In addition to sailing in an entirely different part of the world, a new partnership with one of the planet’s most influential chefs should be quite interesting to watch unfold. We begin with the sailing.
Featuring an overnight call in Ho Chi Minh City as well as stops in Cambodia, Thailand and Vietnam, the 2 week-long voyage will have all the elements of other Seabourn Food And Wine cruises, including cooking demonstrations, Shopping with the Chefs ashore, Wine Appreciation Lectures and Tastings plus Themed menus, events and activities.
The 2016 Seabourn Food And Wine Cruise itinerary alone is worth consideration, imagine the possibilities for food and wine fans in this part of the world.
The 2016 Food And Wine Cruise sailing is still open for booking. See your travel agent or call Seabourn at 866‐755‐5619. Actually, right now they have a ‘Suite’ deal where cruise travelers can book a category A Oceanview stateroom and receive a complimentary upgrade to a category OB guarantee (unassigned) suite…or better.
But Wait, The 2016 Version Gets Better
We can only imagine what the effect of a new culinary partnership with influential chef Thomas Keller will have on the Seabourn Food And Wine Cruise. We already know Keller’s first mission: to create new menu items and a signature restaurant for the Seabourn fleet.
Not throwing out what is already dazzling cuisine, Keller will bring his award-winning French and American cuisine to Seabourn, adding new flavors and flair to complement our already celebrated cuisine. Already associated with Michelin-starred restaurants – The French Laundry, Per Se, and Bouchon, Keller will begin by developing an array of dishes, ranging from appetizers to entrees to desserts for multiple dining venues aboard Seabourn Odyssey, Seabourn Sojourn, and Seabourn Quest. Seabourn Guests should start seeing these creations and Keller’s effect on culinary operations beginning early fall 2015.
“There is really no chef more accomplished or held in higher esteem than Chef Keller, and we are both honored and delighted to have a restaurateur of his stature take our onboard culinary offerings to an even higher level,” – Seabourn President Richard Meadows
Seabourn has Keller charged with introducing a new signature restaurant to be revealed early next spring on Seabourn Quest before being expanded to the entire fleet, including the line’s two new ships designed by Adam D. Tihany – Seabourn Encore launching in late 2016 and Seabourn Ovation launching in early spring 2018.
The Keller effect will also be seen in various aspects of the line’s other culinary operations as the world-class chef shares his expertise and vision.
“There’s an inherent alignment of our philosophies, which makes our collaboration with Seabourn an exciting new opportunity for our restaurant group. We look forward to sharing our best practices and repertoire with Seabourn’s outstanding culinary team,” – Thomas Keller, Chef/Proprietor Thomas Keller Restaurant Group.
It is difficult to imagine Keller’s influence could not make for an even better 2016 Seabourn Food And Wine Cruise. Keller brings an entirely new element to the mix of what drives the thought behind programming both on and off the ship that directly affects Seabourn Guests. Much like the effect of SAVEUR Editor in Chief Adam Sachs, detailed in The Adam Factor, sent Seabourn’s culinary team soaring to new heights, we expect a similar bump in the experience from Keller’s influence.
Not to put any pressure on the new guy, of course.
Learn More About The Seabourn Food And Wine Cruise
Also, these posts from previous versions of the Seabourn Food And Wine Cruise:
- Seabourn Sail Away Brings Unexpected Bonus Event
- Seabourn Brings Destination On Board
- We Visited A Little Fishing Village In Greece
- Seabourn Chef Event Goes Beyond Demonstration
- Seabourn Sense Defined
- World Class Pizza On The Seabourn Food And Wine Cruise
- Passionate, Engaging Sommelier Makes Wine Study Fun
- Shopping With The Chefs Seabourn Style: Chefs On Tour
- French Chef A Key Ingredient In The Seabourn Experience
Facebook Photo Albums:
- Seabourn Food And Wine Cruise Sails Away
- Shopping With Seabourn Chefs In Amalfi, Italy
- Seabourn Food And Wine Cruise – In Photos
- Lunch With Seabourn Chefs In Livorno
- Seabourn Food And Wine Cruise- Just Food
Also see this post-cruise production-
- Back To The Real World
- Seabourn Sense Brings The Adam Factor
- Seabourn Food And Wine Cruise In Photos, Events and Hearts
Flickr Photo Albums
- Greek Sail Away Party
- Greek Barbecue Lunch
- Greek Dance Performance
- Olive Oil Tasting
- Chef Jean Claude Cavalera -Cooking Demonstration
- 2015 Seabourn Food And Wine Cruise Crew
- Seabourn Sojourn Ship Shots
- St Tropez, France
- Castello Livorno
- Shopping With The Chefs
- Lunch With The Chefs In Livorno
- Opera Dinner
- Epicurean Evening
- Civitavecchia Port, Italy
- Dinner In The Galley
- World Champion Pizza Chef
- Dinner Menu Crew Briefing
- Chefs In Amalfi
- Amalfi Lunch With Chefs
- Seen On A Walk In Amalfi, Italy
- Little Things That Mean A Lot
- Dress Code Reality
- Wine Lectures, Seminars and Presentations
- Galley Market Lunch
- Chef Giuseppe Argentino Cooking Demonstration and Introduction To Italian 101
- Block Party
- Baklava Making Demonstration
- A Conversation With Adam Sachs
- Ashore in Monemvasia, Greece
- Saying Goodbye To Seabourn Sojourn
@Exposure Photo Story Book– Culinary Excellence: The Seabourn Food And Wine Cruise