Monday Cruise Pricing Watch: The Deals Are Out There
A number of cruise lines have sales this week. While some bring better value than others, these limited time offers caught my attention. This cruise pricing watch comes at a time between Spring Break and Summer travel when cruise lines are hungry to attract new bookings. To keep this brief, I cut out the otherwise important fine print that defines many of these cruise pricing offers. Still, what you see here is the meat of the deal. Let me know and I can send details along to you. Take a look:
Royal Caribbean International has their Buy One, Get One Half Off cruise pricing going on right now with the bonus of pre-paid gratuities if booked by May 1. Interestingly, that promo restarts on May 1 and runs for a month, minus the prepaid gratuities. Basically, after the end of the month, Royal Caribbean goes back on what has become standard pricing with Buy One, Get One Half Off run quite frequently.
What to watch: On Royal Caribbean pricing, what is now and has always been the deciding factor on when to book: Price. Not the deal. The Price. Like other cruise lines, there is always a ‘deal’ of some sort. What determines if the deal is a good one or not is the price. Check to see if I am right. Watch pricing on a particular ship and sailing date for a while. See what happens to the price over time. Do that for a few cruise lines and very quickly we find that some have more volatile pricing than others.
Holland America Line’s Anniversary Sale makes this week’s cruise pricing watch with up to $1,000 Savings, FREE Gratuities and FREE and Reduced Fares for Friends & Kids. Book by May 20, 2016 and receive:
- Up to $1000 Savings
- Reduced deposits
- One of 3 perks:
- FREE $100 Beverage Card
- FREE Gratuities (Hotel Service Charges)
- FREE and Reduced Fares for Friends & Kids (Taxes, Fees, & Port Expenses are additional.)
- 200 FREE Internet Minutes and up to $500 Onboard Money for Suites
- The services of a Distinctive Voyages Host, a Private Cocktail Reception and an Exclusive Shore Excursion
Also receive an Onboard Coupon Booklet Valued at $350 for the Greenhouse Spa & Salon treatments and services, Pinnacle Grill and Wine packages, and much more!
Cruise Pricing Watch: Alaska 2017
Seabourn has a cruise pricing watch-worthy deal going on right now that might bring the opportunity to step up to luxury ahead of schedule. Book your cruise during Seabourn’s Two Week Sale through May 9 and take advantage of exceptional offers including:
- 50% reduced deposits can bring luxury cruising faster as these deals are on sailings after September 2016.
- Complimentary Veranda Suites upgrades
- $1,000USD per suite shipboard credit for Penthouse and Premium Suites
Celebrity Cruises Summer Sale brings cruise pricing of $799 + Free Drinks & $300 to spend on board. Interesting here, cruise fares start as low as $799 (+taxes and fees) on sailings almost anywhere Celebrity sail. Book by May 1 and get FREE drinks and $300 to spend on board, or your choice of any TWO PERKS below for a value of up to $1,300.*
- Classic Beverage Package for two
- Unlimited Internet for two
- Prepaid gratuities for two
- $300 to spend on board
Interesting extra bonus values:
- Additional friends and family in your stateroom receive a FREE Classic Non-alcoholic Beverage Package and a FREE 40-minute Internet Package.
- Bonus Value: Book today to reserve your cruise with 50% OFF deposits.*
- Summer Sweeter Version of the above: Book Suite Class now-to almost anywhere we sail-and enjoy low rates on select sailings plus 4 FREE perks* for a value of up to $1,715.*
Cunard Line’s New York Departures Sale bring savings of up to 35% Cruise Pricing Watch savings on select Transatlantic Crossings, New England & Canada, Caribbean, Grand Voyages and Exotic Voyages on Queen Mary 2 and Queen Elizabeth. I think this is something every fan of cruise travel should do at least once in their lifetime. Lisa and I did this when Queen Mary 2 was first launched and really enjoyed the experience.
The New York Departures Sale applies to new bookings on select voyages made until May 31, 2016. The offer features:
- Transatlantic Crossing fares from $799
- New England & Canada fares from $999
- Caribbean fares from $1,549
- Grand Voyage fares from $3,429
- Exotic Voyage fares from $2,599
To view this cruise pricing watch offer and any restrictions, please click here.
The New York Departures Sale features voyages on Queen Mary 2 following her dramatic 25-day refit in May and June of this year. Queen Mary 2 remastered will see the redesign of all Princess and Queens Grill Suites and their accompanying restaurants, the addition of 15 single staterooms and 30 Britannia Club Balcony staterooms, and the redesign of all Britannia Club Balcony staterooms.
All of the above are reflective of the little-known bubble of time in the booking cycle when consumers are otherwise occupied. They may have just returned from Spring Break travel. They may be preparing for their upcoming summer. They might just be focused on spring cleaning, someone’s graduation or any number of other seasonal activities.
For more information on any of these offers, see your travel agent or call the cruise line directly. Most of these are kind of tricky to book. They might apply to certain sailings, have requirements that passengers must meet for the deal to apply and all are for a limited time.
A good intermediary step before contacting your travel agent or the cruise line is to know more about the promotion you are interested in. I can help with that and make the process more efficient. It’s my way of saying thank you for visiting this website. I hope you enjoy the experience, learn something and tell your friends to come here too.
Click Here to find out more about any of the above, including the boring fine print.