The 12 Days Of Viking Christmas Starts Today With A Special #TravelSkills Chat At Noon
For those who might have lost a bit of the holiday spirit over the years and want to get it back, we have a great idea: European Christmas Market. We did that the last two years with Viking River Cruises, getting back the holiday spirit that seemed to be a bit elusive in the past. Today, we bring back a reader favorite, the 12 Days Of Viking Christmas, for a couple reasons. First, there is what looks to be a wondeful and engaging Twitter chat coming up at Noon Eastern time as Viking River Cruises joins in on Friday’s #TravelSkills, kicking off this year’s #VikingSocial cruise . Also, there are still some sailings with space available that last-minute humbugs can jump on and also get some of that spirit back, if not redefine what holiday spirit is all about.
Getting ready for our first Viking Christmas Markets adventure, we scoured everything we know of that stretch of the river and what we will see; the iconic landmarks, out of the way places, the marvelous food, drink and more . The result, neatly divided into 12 installments, will cover everything from planning to being there. Check each day for a new post as we make our way through the 12 Days Of Viking Christmas.
Number one on the planning list was clothing. We live in Florida, a land where we don’t normally go outside when the temperature drops below 50°F. Viking’s pre-cruise advice: Dress in layers, bring waterproof shoes and a jacket, etc proved exactly right for our last Christmas Markets sailing. Well-equipped for outside temperatures, Lisa is adding sweater sets to tweak her winter river cruise wardrobe; something warm and layer-qualified for wearing on and off ship.
Before we get too far down the road on this ‘getting ready for cold weather’ let’s remember; Chris came from Kansas to Florida about 10 years ago and brought his cold-weather gear with him. We are loaded on that sort of clothing and will bring big winter coats, warm gloves and hats. Adding to our ensemble; winter boots and sweat clothes just for hanging around our cabin on the ship. Once out of our heated-floor bathroom, those should come in handy.
Want to learn more about taking a Viking Christmas Markets cruise? We have a number of suggestions
- Twitter- Follow all of the above on Twitter as well as the #VikingSocial tag and @VikingRiver- There is an official social cruise scheduled to start soon.
- Instagram- Follow @Viking_Cruises
- Facebook- Look for photos and reports along the way as well as a number of Facebook Photo Albums
- Pinterest– This year our Christmas Markets Pinterest boards will focus entirely on the Food and Wine of Germany, Austria and Hungary.
- Our Flickr Photo Feed– all the images, unprocessed, free to use
- @Exposure photo story books curated along the way. Speaking of which; check last year’s photo account of Viking Christmas Markets for an idea of what we might see along the way.
Check Viking’s Social Sites too
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/vikingriver
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/VikingRiverCruises
- Google+: https://plus.google.com/+vikingrivercruises/posts
- Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/vikingriver/
Coming Up On The 12 Days Of Viking Christmas:
- The 12 Days Of Viking Christmas: The Other People We Might See On The Ship
- The 12 Days Of Viking Christmas: River vs. Ocean Experience
- The 12 Days Of Viking Christmas: Top Accommodations On Viking Longships
- The 12 Days Of Viking Christmas: What Passau Was Like In The Summer
- The 12 Days Of Viking Christmas: Visiting Vienna, Austria Via Viking Longship
- The 12 Days Of Viking Christmas: Why I’m Looking Forward To Visiting Germany Again
- The 12 Days Of Viking Christmas: Ocean Cruise Skills I Will Not Need On My Viking River Cruise
- The 12 Days Of Viking Christmas: Going Through Locks: Will They Be Frozen?
- The 12 Days Of Viking Christmas: Overnight In Budapest: What To Do?
- The 12 Days Of Viking Christmas: Bringing Home Our Christmas Markets Presents
- The 12 Days Of Viking Christmas: Your Complete Guide To International Air Travel The Easy Way